Sunday, January 8, 2012

If I Stay (***)


If I Stay is a haunting story of 17 year old Mia who finds herself caught in a coma. Her family is dead and she thinks she has nothing to live for. Then she begins to think about Adam, her devoted and loving boyfriend, and her passion, music. She then thinks about the family she is leaving behind, her grandpa and grandma, her aunts, uncles, and cousins that she would be leaving behind. She sees everything as if she is a ghost, no one can hear her, no one can see her, she cannot go through walls, and no one seems to hear anything she says. Then she begins to think about her brother, Teddy, whom has died in the car crash too, and her parents, who were punk-rockers in their younger years. She thinks about the ups and down about both sides, what will happen if I stay, and if I leave?

This book is 196 pages long. I'll give it three out of five stars (***).

IF I STAY
by, Gayle Forman

No comments: